Hey Angel!
Yet another review of a book! (And one of my favorites) This book is actually apart of a trilogy, so the review is also partly for all three books.
I came across the book series at my rural library a year ago, and upon reading it promptly fell in love with the story and world the author had written. This book is called Caraval.
Caraval was written by Stephanie Garber and released in 2017, and became very popular a few years ago. I had never heard of it before trying to find a new read at my library, so I got lucky in the sense that it felt like a personal victory at finding such a gem when i did. I own all three, and have read them over and over and over. The story has this mysterious carnival, fantasy vibe that I absolutely eat up ESPECIALLY the descriptions of the dresses. I mean cmon, who doesn't love beautiful ball gowns. [I'm desperate for the dresses in the book to be made (╥_╥)] I absolutely adore it as a whole.
There is actually a second series that's in a completely different tier of amazing that I will get into later. You can read Caraval or the other one first, but i would recommend Caraval because there's a lot more info and events that can be understood if read in order.
The charecters themselves are well done, I feel like i can relate to them and how they respond to the different events easily, especially Scarlett. I also really enjoyed the sisters and how they interacted, and I think she did a good job on making me feel annoyed with Tella until I understood her and why she is the way she is. I'll stop talking now. Can't spoil too much!
In terms of spice in my opinion, I would consider it a 1 out of 5. No closed door, but some pretty detailed kisses, especially in the 2nd and 3rd books. Not bad, you just know exactly what's happening. ( 🦋🦋 )
Caraval holds such a special place in my heart. It truly felt like my own mind and heart come to life. Think mysterious magical carnival where nothing is as it seems and everything is a game. I hope you give it a try!
Happy reading
-Esmé
Spice ★ ☆☆☆☆ (1/5)
Overall ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (5/5)




No comments:
Post a Comment